- In-Network: The contract with an insurance company to pay for any portion of patient medical care is between the patient and the patient insurance company. IBH is “in-network” with most insurance companies. Being “in-network” means IBH has contracted to accept a negotiated rate from the insurance company.
- Out Of Network: IBH does not bill out-of network insurance companies. IBH will provide a superbill (statement of service) to the patient for reimbursement out-of-network, and the patient will need to submit this form to their insurance company. IBH does not guarantee out-of-network insurance reimbursement of any kind.
- Disputes: Disputes must be submitted within 30 days of service. If a patient receives a charge which they believe to be invalid, IBH will accept a written notice concerning the disputed charge, and will review with supporting evidence. Voicemails or messages conveyed to any office staff will not be reviewed. Make note, the balance of the claim is the patients responsibility regardless if their insurance company pays. The insurance benefit is a contract between the patient and the insurance company.
- Payments: Payment is due at the time of service. We encourage patients to research their health coverage benefits prior to arriving to the appointment. We accept cash, check, or credit card. A valid credit card or debit card must be on file at all times to receive services. Payment includes any unmet deductible, co-insurance, co-payment amount, or non-covered charges from your insurance company.
- Patient Responsibility: Patients are responsible for co-pays, co- insurance, deductibles, and any other unpaid balance on their account. If patient does not carry insurance or do not provide IBH with updated insurance benefits, payment will be due at the time of service. Patients account must maintain a zero balance in order to receive further services or medication refills by our practice.
- Patient Appointment Charges: The patients amount due prior to appointment will consider the estimated insurance payments (if any) IBH expects to receive. Any difference after the claim is fully adjudicated will be charged or refunded to your credit card on file.
- Payment Plans: Indy Behavioral Health has partnered with CareCredit to offer financing options. Refer to our CareCredit page for more details.
- Late Cancellation / Missed Appointment: IBH understands that there are times when patient must miss an appointment due to emergencies or other obligations. Patients will not incur a charge for appointments cancelled when 24-hours advance notice is given. Appointments cancelled with less than 24-hours’ notice, will be charged a fee of ($125). Make note, this fee will not be covered by your insurance company. Patients that miss 3 or more appointments in a 6-month rolling period, will be discharged from the practice.
- Late to Appointment: Patients fifteen (15) minutes past their scheduled appointment, we will need to reschedule their appointment and will be charged a ($125) missed appointment fee.